East and West
Villages of Longmeadow- 1870
Julianne Kapner, a 2015
Longmeadow High School graduate and 2014/2015
summer intern for the Longmeadow Historical
Society created this 1870 interactive map of
Ms. Kapner researched the
information using the 1870 United States Census,
Longmeadow Town Assessor’s records and other
historical archives. In 1870 the town of
Longmeadow consisted of East and West Villages
prior to 1893 when it was split into the towns
of East Longmeadow and Longmeadow.
Click here to view the
1870 interactive map.